How it Began
On February 14, 2011 Corey and Kelly Wilkes welcomed their fourth child, Tilly Layne Wilkes into the world. Their joy suddenly turned into distress when shortly after her birth, Tilly was diagnosed with the rare genetic skin disease called Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB). Corey & Kelly had never heard of EB, the disease that changed their lives.
The Cotton Ball was launched in 2013 to support DEBRA Australia’s Nurse and Family support programs and to raise much needed awareness on Epidermolysis Bullosa otherwise known as the worst disease you’ve never heard of.
In 2017 we commenced the next phase of our journey and launched Australia’s EB Research Foundation. A new charitable organisation unashamedly focused on finding a cure to EB.
The 2017 Cotton Ball organising committee is a volunteer group dedicated to making a difference to the lives of EB sufferers. The committee includes the following amazing people:
- Chairman – Corey Wilkes & Ashley Thompson
- Secretary– Donna Whiffin
- Venue Coordinator – Donna Whiffin
- Ticketing Coordinator – Melinda Hatton
- Donations Coordinator/Raffle Coordinator – Kylie Neville
- Sponsorship – Nina Azzopardi
- Entertainment/Social Media/ Marketing – Emma Raciti
- Entertainment/Venue/Production Coordinator – Andy Moore
- Major Auction Coordinator – Andrew Yodgee
- Minor Auction Coordinators – Jodi Jones & Gavin Shaw
- Auction Items – Michael McLean, Matthew Moore, Brock McLean, Simone Baird
- EB Research Foundation liaison – Donna Whiffin
- Financial Controller – Danielle Smith